Skip to Main Content
The official Voorburg Group Meeting 2020 (online) website
There are two basic options to join the meeting organised with Webex:
- Using web app
No special software is needed to participate in the virtual meeting organised with Webex. The participants may join the meeting using a browser on computer. (Note, however, that you may still need help from your helpdesk to enable the Webex add-in.)
- Using desktop app
Another option is to use the Webex Meeting application, which can be downloaded from the app store of your mobile device or online for Windows: http://cs.co/get-webex-meetings
Joining the meeting
- Make sure that you have the best possible, stable Internet connection.
- Click the green "Join meeting" button on your invitation email. The button will direct you to the meeting room.
- If you do not have Webex Meetings app installed on your computer, the download will start automatically. If you are not able to install the app on your computer you can join by clicking "Join from your browser". However, use of the app is recommended.
- It is advisable to use a headset and choose the "Use computer for audio" option when joining the meeting.
- If you are facing video or audio problems, change of browser may help.
- More information on joining the Webex meeting can be found from: https://help.webex.com/en-us/nrbgeodb/Join-a-Webex-Meeting
- In case you are having problems:
Joining the meeting
During the meeting
- Mute your microphone when you are not talking. Moderators may mute you remotely if you forget to do that yourself.
- You may use video only if you are talking. Due to large number of participants the use of video may consume significant bandwidth and cause disruptions during the meeting.
- The microphone and video buttons will say "Unmute" and "Start video" respectively when the microphone is muted and video is not on. The microphone and camera icons will be red.
- If you want to comment or ask a question, use the chat-section to ask for the floor. Moderators will tell when it is your turn to speak. Remember to unmute your microphone when you start talking. You may also write question to the chat-section in which case moderators will ask the question.
- You will find the chat-section by clicking on the "Chat" button.
- If you are having problems, you can always contact us: email@example.com